Cassandra Thompson is a globally recognized speaker whose work casting contestants for Wheel of Fortune, strategizing on the recruitment team at Riot Games, and coaching ambitious professionals made her into a networking paragon.
Through her talks, Cassandra helps audience members reach their career goals by leveraging the power of networking. She not only has a wonderful way of demystifying the topic but she also makes it humorous and entertaining. Her insights have reached over 9 million people on YouTube and been featured on high-performing podcasts as well as ABC7, CNBC, and other major media outlets. Whether it's through Cassandra’s keynotes, workshops, training, or coaching you always walk away motivated and equipped with actionable steps to implement immediately.
Cassandra is on a mission to get people back to building authentic, real relationships.
Network Naturally for Career Success
Networking is intimidating to many and often misunderstood. It can feel sleazy- who wants to use people? Or scary- very few like walking up to strangers and starting conversations. But yet, we know networking is important to reach any career goal- whether that’s a need for referrals, a promotion, a mentor, or simply building your professional reputation.
In this talk, Cassandra makes networking approachable (and dare I say, “fun?”) and your audience will come away with a 5-step plan to network their way to achieving their own definition of career success.
- Networking can be exciting, and it’s just a matter of mindset
- A 5-step plan on how to network with ease to get the results you want
- The actual words to use when reaching out to build your network
This talk is perfect for…
- Affinity/Resource groups within your company
- Your teams looking to build relationships for work purposes
- Developing your talent pipeline for retention
How to Use LinkedIn to Fast Track Your Credibility
You want to be seen to create a credible brand for yourself and your company. You are working your butt off creating content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and maybe YouTube TikTok, but are you on LinkedIn? Learn why LinkedIn is the best social media platform for all professionals and why it can build and get you in front of your ideal audience faster than on any other platform.
- What LinkedIn is and why it is needed for you to
- How to easily add LinkedIn to your already bursting at the seams content calendar without taking tons of extra time
- How to grow on LinkedIn in 10 minutes a day
This talk is perfect for…
- Business owners and their teams
- Can be a workshop or keynote depending on the type of conference
Leveraging your Student Leadership Experience in Your Job Search
Student leaders do amazing things- they decide on budgets of $50,000 + dollars, run meetings, create HUGE events, and lead groups of students all over campus, yet during their job search they tend to bury all that amazing experience. In this workshop students will learn how to use their on-campus leadership experiences to catapult them into their first full-time job. They will walk away with practical tips to implement immediately into their job search.
- Where and how to put leadership experiences on a resume
- How to use your leadership experience in answering interview questions
- How to leverage your leadership experience on LinkedIn- where to put it on the platform and how to use it to meet other people.
This talk is perfect for…
- Any and all student leaders- Student Government, Orientation Leaders, Ambassadors, Sororities and Fraternities, Club and Association Boards
Maximize Your Internship Experience
Everyone hopes that their internship will land them a full-time offer, but how do you make that happen in an industry where offers aren’t guaranteed?
Learn how to make the most out of your internship and get that full time job by using the same techniques Cassandra used to leverage her internship at On Air with Ryan Seacrest into 5 interviews for full time jobs and landed her first job after college at Sony Pictures, working for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
- How to stand out above and beyond the other interns
- What professional success skills to master to be ahead of the crowd
- How to strategically get others to start finding jobs for you!
This talk is perfect for...
- College students- most likely juniors and seniors
- Can be a keynote or a hands-on workshop depending on the event setting
What past clients & attendees have to say:
Cassandra is relatable, honest, and enthusiastic in her talks. Hearing the real-life examples of how to improve and apply our networking skills was the most helpful part of the presentation and we have already been putting these new skills to work! We are now able to more effectively work with others, which helps us to move innovation forward more quickly and effectively.
Honestly, hire her! She provides actionable networking advice in a socially safe and relatable manner!
VP Innovation and Strategy, Banner Health
Cassandra should talk to ALL Colleges. Cassandra’s words are powerful, inspiring, and truthful. She showed the real life ugly and pretty to what it takes to build your brand and reach your dream goal/career.
New Student Orientation Leader, Nassau Community College
I have taught college courses for over a decade and have invited dozens of guest speakers into my classrooms. It is rare to find a presenter who can offer a message that is pinpoint accurate to my students’ needs, and also deliver it in a fashion that captivates their attention throughout the entire presentation. Cassandra is one of those rare presenters…
Dr. Waleed Rashidi,
Professor, College of Communications, CSUF
Cassandra's LinkedIn workshop was very interactive and exceeded our expectations. Her session was jam-packed with actionable tips that provided practical ways for students to build a foolproof LinkedIn profile and strategy.
Director of Calling & Career Initiative at Crowell School of Business, Biola University
Cassandra has a way to make learning fun. Students are learning and entertained at the same time. I look forward to having her back on campus in the near future.
Instructor/Counselor, Center for Students with Disabilities/Student Activities, Department of Student Personnel Services, Nassau Community College
5 Reasons Why You Should Book Cassandra Thompson as Your Next Speaker
Her presentations are:
- Entertaining- Let’s face it, career-related topics can be dry. Not with Cassandra. She’ll share how to get ahead with fun and entertaining stories- like the time a brunch at the 4 Seasons lead to job offers.
- Approachable- The biggest feedback Cassandra receives is “She gets it.” The goal of every talk is to make the intimidating now doable.
- Actionable- Tired of talks where you leave excited but don’t know what to do once you leave? Cass is too. She makes sure every talk leaves you and your audience with takeaways you can implement IMMEDIATELY.
- Practical- Cassandra doesn’t share anything she hasn’t tried herself- everything has been tested to ensure it's effective! Your audience is going to learn skills they can use every day to achieve bigger career success.
- Customized-Cassandra makes sure your audience knows this talk was made for them. She will spend time learning about your organization beforehand and will incorporate elements that show how she was a hand-selected part of your team. Plus she is experienced, drama-free, and super easy to work with.
- Banner Health
- Sister Site Conference, City Mom Collective
- Nassau Community College
- Biola University
- California State University, Long Beach
- Southern California PRSSA chapters
- Miramar College
- California State University, Fullerton
- UC Irvine
- IABC OC
- WISE LA
- IABC Indy
- People of Video
- Ellevate OC
- LinkedIn Local OC
- Social Media Marketing World (Emcee)
- VidSummit (Emcee)